If your excuse for not working out has always been the cost of exercise equipment or gym rates, then this post should make you have a rethink. Not all exercises require gym equipment or tools. There are simple exercises you can do anytime, anywhere. In this post, I will share with you some of the exercises you can do even at the comfort of your home, office or anywhere. These exercises are not meant for any particular gender, so anyone can follow this guide.
Before we dive right in, let me give you a few benefits of body exercises.
Benefits of Exercises
- Exercises are excellent for blood circulation in the body system and optimal brain performance.
- They are good for building body muscles and are good for your bones.
- Exercises can combat depression.
- Workouts play a major role in weight loss, hence the incorporation of exercises into weight loss programs.
- Exercises are good for your brain and memory.
- Exercise is good for reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart diseases and diabetes.
- Exercises combined with a good diet equals healthy and sound body system.
Simple Exercises You Can Do Anytime Anywhere
Below are simple exercises you can do anytime anywhere. Endeavor to follow the steps as enlisted.
So, let’s begin…
Push-up is one of my favorite daily workouts. It requires the use of the hands. Depending on your arm placement, this exercise can build the chest, shoulder and arm muscles. Push-up is the perfect exercise for building the upper body. There are different ways to go about doing a push-up exercise. Your arm placement is a major determinant of what your body building result will be.
How To Do Push-Ups
- Keep your arms straight and place your ten figures on the floor. You can either close your fingers or keep them at a considerable distance apart.
- Tuck your butt in and keep your upper body and lower body on same angle.
- Lean forward with your arms bent and butt still tucked in.
- Push yourself back up till till your arms are straight again.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 as much as you can.
That’s it! You’ve just done the Push-ups workout.
Also Read: What Do Girls Want in Guys
The squat is a lower body exercise. If you are looking to build muscle or lose weight, the squat is the right exercise for you. This exercise has its major impact on the lower body. Squats build the thighs, butts and calves. Consistent squats exercise will over time, give you a robust thigh. The benefits of this exercise can not be over-emphasized.
How To Do Squats
- Stand erect with your feet about 0.5 meters apart from each other.
- With your butt pushed out backwards, descend by curving your knees till you can achieve a ninety degree angle with your knees.
- When you achieve the ninety degree angle, pull yourself back up so as to stand erect.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for about ten to twenty reps.
Just as the name implies, doing this exercise would warrant that you assume the form of a plank, lol. Planks are good for cutting down on your stomach size. It’s a very good yoga exercise for achieving a flat tummy. Planks also tighten your butts and thighs. It also helps you gain overall body balance.
How To Do Planks
- Lie down on the floor facing downwards.
- With your lower arms on the floor, straighten your legs while lifting your body in the process.
- Ensure that your upper and lower body are in a push-up position.
- Maintain the position for a minute or two.
This is another exercise which requires no equipment. Crunches build and strengthen the abdominal muscles. If your goal is to have good looking abs, then crunches is the best exercise for you.
How To Do Crunches
- Lock your fingers and put them behind your head.
- Lie on your back and curve your knees.
- Slowly pull your upper body towards the curved knees.
- Hold yourself up while counting to three.
- Release your body slowly as you lie back on the floor or mat.
- Repeat the steps up to 10 reps. Increase the reps as you gather strength.
The scissor kick is another exercise that require no additional equipment. It is a very effective abdominal exercise. Scissor kicks work the hip flexors and transverse abdominis, which are the deepest muscles in the stomach. It’s also a good exercise for maintaining body balance.
How To Do Scissor Kicks
- Lie flat on your back and place your arms under your butts.
- Straighten your legs and lift one leg about 6 inches off the ground.
- Return the raised leg to the ground.
- Raise your other leg such that it meets the first one halfway.
- Repeat the reps as much as your strength can carry you.
There you have it! Those are simple exercises you can do anytime, anywhere with absolutely no equipment.
What other simple workouts do you engage in that require no equipment? Do share with us in the comments. Also share this post with your friends using the social media buttons.